Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ashlee's First Day


We just got back from dropping Ashlee off at her first day of school. Everyone from the principle to the gym and health teachers were wonderful in making her feel welcome. They had her laughing and joking in a matter of minutes. Good stuff. I feel comfortable with her at this school!

Compare what we saw in just 10 minutes versus what we saw in two years in Las Vegas...
-they are hatching quail eggs in the classroom!
-2 iMacs in the room
-worms and other creepy crawly stuff in the room for them to see
-a field trip to the zoo coming up (no field trips in Vegas)
-longer lunches (hey, Vegas was 30 minutes for lunch and recess COMBINED!)

Cons...22 kids in class here versus 16 in Vegas. Lunches cost $3.60 here versus $1.50 in Vegas.

On another note (a funny one) Beck is at a meeting for Chase's daycare stuff and he and I are hanging at the house. Well, he is running around the house with a Burger King crown on and eating a biscuit. Come on...that's funny stuff right there.

We are quite excited for her. Her face just lit up when she walked into her room and saw all the cool stuff. I could tell she was scared but keeping a brave face on. I am sure she will do well. I will post an update later on how her day went.

2 comments:

Robin April 15, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

She looks like she will fit right in. She looks adorable!

We have field trips in Vegas, so what if it's to a "fake" rainforest and the Hoover Dam. LOL!! Yeah, but is the food better? I would bet it is.

The Wachel Family April 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

I think she went on 1 field trip at Givens in 2 years. Actually I don't even remember the 1, but I keep thinking I'm forgetting something!!!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP